The Oliver Community Garden Society is a community garden located in Oliver, BC in the south Okanagan Valley. We are located at the Quail’s Nest Arts Centre in partnership with the Oliver Community Arts Council . First established in 2009, we are just about to start our 10th growing season. We have been in our current location for seven years and love it.
Volunteers are the backbone of our gardens. In our very first year, thanks to our wonderful volunteers and donations from the community, we set up our raised garden beds, built a tool shed, lined the street with flowers and grew all kinds of amazing things. We set up compost bins including a worm compost. In our second year, we added a Children’s Garden with a Sunflower House and Bean-Pole Tee-pee. This year’s project is adding an Herb Spiral.
We welcome gardeners of all ages and abilities to our garden. Our garden beds are easy to work and are great fun for kids to help out. We even have a specially designed four-foot high raised bed which is accessible for scooters or wheelchairs.
Who joins the Oliver Community Garden Society?
- People who have limited or no space at their homes for gardening
- People who are interested in learning about gardening
- People with gardening experience who want to help others to learn about gardening / landscaping
What have we grown in our garden boxes?
- Vegetables! (tomatoes, beans, peppers, spinach, lettuce, sprouts, zucchini, cucumbers…)
- Berries (Strawberries love boxes…)
- Herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary, and basil. Or thyme…)
Find us on Facebook for the latest news from the gardens and other great gardening tips.
The members of our 2021 executive are: